Monday, April 2, 2012

Negotiations with the universe

One week ago we found out that I wasn't pregnant (anymore?). That made me cry a lot. This morning I was almost as tearfull, because one week of letting go and eating comfort food and I've gained about everything I had lost in the past two months. I think this is very unfair. And we bought lottery tickets. Figuring that if we can't have the baby we should get the bucks. But no, not even a euro.

I need good stuff and fun things. I need to be invited for dinners and picknicks and parties. Including liberal amounts of wine. I need to have fun and laughter around me. I DO NOT need to eat cucumbers and lettuce and water. I need to cook dinner for my friends and family and buy some ridiculously expensive new equipment to prepare it with. And a new house. With a back yard.

The universe is not working properly and it needs to get it's act together. Therefor I have made a list of demands... 

Dear universe,

You have failed, again, to fix me and too many of my fellow infertiles up with a Big Fat Positive. By now, I assume it is just not in your power to make this happen. I am really a bit dissapointed, because frankly, I thought you would be up for the job.

However, I suggest compensation. Mind you, this is no pick and choose, all of the following demands must be met.

All my lovely infertile friends and me who had a BFN will:
  • have the ability to eat unlimited comfortfood for a week after a BFN and still loose a kilo (or two).
  • get an invitation to a fabulous party where no one will be pregnant or talk about children.
  • find a winning lottery ticket for at least the amount of an all inclusive IVF/ICSI/IUI/etc cycle PLUS enough to make a week long luxury trip to a tropical island with white beaches and fancy drinks with little paper umbrella's
  • have no zit's, cramps or other AF-related pains for 3 months
  • be offered business class spontaneously when flying
  • have no stressy work issues for a minimum of 2 weeks, but plenty fun distractions
  • find a bargain but excellent new house if they want to. 

Thank you very much for arranging this within a week.
Kind regards,
Broedkipje



No comments:

Post a Comment