Monday, April 9, 2012

The other universe


In the other universe, where we are not the "1 in 8 couples" who face infertility, I already have a child. My first that is. Maybe a second on the way. I probably would have posted ultrasound pictures on Facebook. Or better, if I am as digital on the other side as I am here, my child probably would have had a Facebookpage while still in the womb. We would have had less discussions about what our next house should be because there would be one list of demands, not two (with kid - without kid). I know how to drive there, being tired of taking public transport and cycling with child + stuff. I don't have to think about going child-infested parties, I just go. My child is around the same age as my friends' children, which leads to fun playdates where the moms and dads drink wine and watch the children play. Over there I don't feel left out or behind. I'm not so often angry at myself for being frustrated about our situation or jealous of others. I don't think as much there, I do - because there are more things to do and less time to think.

But in the other universe I have never met my wonderful online twitterfriends, who support me even they don't know me at all. And I may not know how sweet and caring my real life friends can be. Over there I probably don't know how brave I am, sticking needles in my own belly and having awfully painfull procedures done. I might take my children for granted a little bit (not really though - I'm still a good person on the other side ;-)). And maybe in the other universe, I don't realise how much I love my soon-to-be-husband because over there I haven't experienced how amazing he is taking care of me.

This universe is not so bad after all. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment